italian winery gate

italian winery gate

Thursday, April 26, 2012

What will my love story look like???

Hello again friends!
Well... only a month between postings this time... i guess that's a little better! Ha ha!
Since the beginning of February I got a lateral transfer to a different position at work... it's been a really hard transition for me, new part of the dept, new manager, working evenings consistently instead of mornings, I've always dealt with the "package"side of things and now I'm dealing with the hub (sorry i know that's a lot of lingo most of you aren't familiar with). Anyways the point is it's been A LOT of change! It's been very stressful for me i cried a bit (yes even at work when no one was around) but thanks be to God I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it! There are days that just when i think things are going well I'm smacked with how little I still know, but it's all part of the learning curve, eventually i figure things will stabilize but in the meantime it has been a crazy roller coaster! I'm very thankful for my manager who's been very patient with me!! I know I'd be failing miserably if not for his support, help and time... but i guess those are some of the signs of a good manager and leader right?
So, at about the same time that these work changes are happening, I've decided to give the Plenty of Fish website another chance, i thought that maybe i was in a good place to have someone special in my life again. I didn't realize at that point in time quite how uncooperative my schedule would be to trying to balance family, friends and dating! lol
At any rate, there have been a few nibbles... and driving home from work tonight i started thinking about those that i have dated and/or loved over the years.... Each has left his footprint in my life, each has taught me something, either about life or about myself or about the man that will some day ultimately capture my heart forever. So i started thinking (i know, dangerous, right? lol) what do I want my love story to look like? I know God is writing it for me right now, preparing us both in ways that we can not understand until the time is right. And I know that no matter what i write here, what I dream or imagine... when it really happens it will be even better! What a crazy thought, right? and maybe some of you will read this and say 50% of today's marriages end in divorce, why bother? or think that my expectations are too high and impossible... well here's the deal about me, I'm a hopeless romantic, but I'm also a bit of a realist... yes, I'm just full of contradictions!
so what do i imagine my love story to look like? What do i expect from "the one"?




I feel butterflies when I think about him. We can't stand to be apart, but there will be times we can't stand to see each other lol I want someone who can understand that just because i have a strong personality doesn't mean I'll always want to be strong and that sometimes i don't need to be... he'll probably have to remind me of that from time to time. He will probably have a strong personality too... i can't imagine being with someone where i can walk all over them lol which means that we will butt heads from time to time... I don't want us to be afraid to speak our minds, or to say what's on our hearts, but to have the faith and trust to know that we can talk... or shout...to know that at the end of the day, there's no one else or anywhere else we'd rather be, than with each other. To be each other's companion, helpmate, best friend... challenge and encourage each other and sometimes even push... i know on my end I'll grumble and complain but i know he does it because he loves me and he will know i do it for the same reasons... we'll probably both be work-a-holics but always keep in mind "we work to LIVE not live to work"... that means making time for each other by staying up late or waking up early, whatever it takes... texting, phone calls, surprise gifts, or maybe silly little love notes in our lunches? (i do hope he will be a bit of a romantic) lol whatever it may be, we put each other first, sometimes sacrificing our own likes, wants and/or desires to make the other happy...  I'm social knowing this we also need to make time for our friends... maybe it's a girls/guys day out, maybe its a game night, something to keep our network of friends going... I know love is not a walk in the park, that sometimes we'll really have to work at it because sometimes it will bring disappointment, frustration, sometimes you just have an "off day" and maybe some days you don't even know if you like that person, but your heart will tell you the truth... there won't be fear or doubt.... just... love!I pray some day we will start a family and i realize that will bring on a whole new set of challenges! but how exciting! to have a life (or lives) entrusted to our care! I'm sure we'll be besotted with our kids, go through good cop bad cop, "ask your mother" "ask your father" stages, watch our kids have to go through life's lessons and knowing they will have to learn on their own even when we want so bad to help or make it better... it will be hard to keep love and romance alive, but we'll work at it... I want us to be a beautiful example to our kids! The kids may not always see it or appreciate it as they are growing up, but there will come a time where they will. i see that in the example my parents set for me... Life is going to put us through some crazy things... good, sad, difficult, joyous, scary, beautiful things... but we will have each other... to help, take care of, stand by, guard, laugh, debate, argue, and smile with... in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health... 



I know this story will evolve and change, but for now... this is what i hope for :) 
What do you imagine your love story will look like??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment