italian winery gate

italian winery gate

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cathy

Yesterday I found out that someone else I knew passed away from cancer. Her name was Cathy Avila... We weren't super close but she was someone, along with her lovely daughters that left a footprint in my heart. She was someone who was always smiling and happy. During my youth ministry days at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton she was one of our biggest supporters, offering her help when ever she could and encouraged her daughters (Amanda and Laura) to be involved as well. She also taught at the church and I know many young adults benefitted from her love of God and generosity of time.
2 years and 2 months ago when we had my mom's funeral Cathy was there with one of the girls and I was so surprised to see them. I hadn't been around St Elizabeth for a while at that time but it touched me deeply that she was there at the funeral. Who knew that 2 years later I would be hearing that she had lost her battle with lung cancer and would now be planning to attend her funeral? She wasn't even sick 2 years ago! Now I keep thinking about Amanda and Laura... I think about the days following losing my mom and thinking about what they are now going through. The services are planned around Thanksgiving viewing/rosary on Wednesday and the funeral Friday... what a double edged sword! Thankful she is no longer suffering, celebrating her life, but feeling her loss.
Her passing reminds me of my mom's, which makes my heart heavy and sad.
Please keep all of Cathy's family and friends in your prayers as they go thru these tough times. Please also prayer for the repose of Cathy's soul, I pray she is finally out of pain and in peace. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment